Ever since the first look of Nag Ashwin’s Mahanati has released, Keerthy Suresh has become the talk of the town due to her striking resemblance to legendary actress Savitri. The biopic traces the life of Savitri through the years, and the whole cast and crew, right from Dulquer to Samantha are all praise for Keerthy’s performance.
At a press meet in Chennai, the actress said, “When I was first offered the role, I wasn’t sure if I could do justice to it. Playing the role of a legendary actress with a lot of responsibility.” Apparently, Keerthy watched numerous films of Savitri, and discussed a lot with Nag Ashwin to get into the skin of the character, and finally, when she began shooting, she left a lot of people shocked with her transformation.
“It used to take me 30 minutes to just get the eyebrows done and the whole make up took over 2.5 hours , prosthetic makeup took over 4 hours. After doing all this, it was hard for me to even move my mouth. I was on liquid diet for several days on the set,” the actress said. The film will release in Tamil as Nadigaiyar Thilagam.
Articles that might interest you:
- I was scared initially to act with Balayya sir, says young actress
- Bigg Boss beauty turns Assistant Director
- 2 releases in 1 week: Priyanka Jawalkar’s promising line-up
- Rajamouli’s priorities change big time with RRR
- Sharwa to do a film based on the time machine concept?
- Team Trisha slam wedding rumors of the star heroine