Yesterday, stalwart actor-filmmaker Kamal Haasan published a list of his top 70 favorite Indian movies in a leading English daily. Kamal’s 1994 film, Mahanadi, was one among them. Kamal revealed a horrific incident that inspired him to write Mahanadi’s script.
Kamal said, “My household help, all of them, conspired to kidnap my daughter for ransom. They even did a dry run. By accident I discovered their plan. I was angry, unnerved and ready to kill for my baby’s safety.” However, Kamal didn’t reveal if it was Shruti or Akshara who was in danger.
Kamal went on to say that he was supposed to write a new script those days but kept delaying it for a month. “Later, when I sat down to write, the script wrote itself. Maybe assisted by my fear, apprehension and paranoia,” he added.
Articles that might interest you:
- Alia Bhatt hits the gym for RRR’s special song?
- Allu Arjun daring big time for Pushpa’s fights?
- Aamir Khan reveals how his family went bankrupt
- Sai Pallavi being approached by Hindi banners?
- Tollywood producers start planning releases for this month?
- Samantha to release a special song from Pushpaka Vimanam