Yesterday, stalwart actor-filmmaker Kamal Haasan published a list of his top 70 favorite Indian movies in a leading English daily. Kamal’s 1994 film, Mahanadi, was one among them. Kamal revealed a horrific incident that inspired him to write Mahanadi’s script.
Kamal said, “My household help, all of them, conspired to kidnap my daughter for ransom. They even did a dry run. By accident I discovered their plan. I was angry, unnerved and ready to kill for my baby’s safety.” However, Kamal didn’t reveal if it was Shruti or Akshara who was in danger.
Kamal went on to say that he was supposed to write a new script those days but kept delaying it for a month. “Later, when I sat down to write, the script wrote itself. Maybe assisted by my fear, apprehension and paranoia,” he added.
- Vijay Deverakonda’s sweet gesture for Suryakantam team
- Nikhil’s interesting comment on Arjun Suravaram’s delay
- Chay-Sam, Rana’s dance performances at Venkatesh’s daughter’s wedding
- Balakrishna’s next moves to July
- Dhoom star’s cryptic tweets kick-off suicide rumors
- Star heroine’s dad denies his daughter’s wedding rumors