Ram Gopal Varma’s biopic on the sandalwood smuggler Veerappan, titled Killing Veerappan, was recently in the news due to controversies. Due to the problems, the movie’s release date was delayed. Ram Gopal Varma today announced that the movie is all set to release on January 1st.
Ram Gopal Varma tweeted saying, “#killingveerappan releasing in both Kannada and Telugu on January 1st.” Raj Kumar’s son and Kannada superstar, Siva Rajkumar, played the lead role in the film, while Delhi-based theatre artist Sandeep Bharadwaj plays Veerappan. ‘Killing Veerappan’ traces the story of the man who shot the dreaded sandalwood smuggler Veerappan a few years ago.
- Reputed distribution house bags NTR’s Nizam rights
- Aravindha Sametha gets a date for censor scrutiny
- NOTA’s Tamil version to get a huge release on par with top stars
- Pawan Kalyan felicitates his school teachers
- Award-winning filmmaker announces a film on Kerala floods