The song, Why this Kolaveri Di? which has managed to break all geographical boundaries has gobbled up more than 10.8 million hits on YouTube. The video, which had Dhanush singing the song with Aishwarya Dhanush, Shruti Haasan and Anirudh joining the session, was posted on YouTube by Sony Music a week ago and it became a rage on the internet. So popular was the song among netizens that other media channels were forced to feature the song on primetime TV and people from all over the country began humming the tune. When the song touch about 4 million hits, a spokesperson from Sony Music said that they were surprised by the amount of buzz the song had created and they were hopeful that it would touch 14 million hits soon. Looks like the music giant will have no problem in achieving that target. Interestingly, several other YouTube users have been posting their own versions of the song including Carnatic, Heavy Metal among many other genres of music.
Articles that might interest you:
- Vijay Deverakonda’s cheeky reaction on Liger’s 200 Cr deal reports
- Puri Jagan designs a raunchy number for Vijay Devarakonda?
- Sai Tej starts dubbing for Republic-Release date to be announced soon
- Vijay fans miss a world record on Twitter Spaces
- Mahesh Babu to launch nephew Ashok Galla’s debut film’s title teaser
- After Nani’s Meet Cute, young actress signs a web-series for top OTT