It’s well-known that the Telugu Film Producer’s Council (TFPC) has decided to not release any new film from March 1st. The move was to protest against the exorbitant Virtual Print Fee (VPF) being charged by the Digital Service Providers (DSPs).
We have recently reported that the Tamil film industry is contemplating going on a strike a la Tollywood. This morning, Tamil Film Producer’s Council’s President and actor Vishal officially announced that no new film will be released from March 1st until the DSPs reduce their rates.
And the latest update is that not just Kollywood but even the Kannada and Malayalam film industries are following Tollywood’s suit. Producer’s Councils from both the industries will soon come up with an announcement regarding the strike. Several big and small budget movies from all the four industries are bound to get affected due to this strike.
- Pawan Kalyan demands separate capital for South India
- Vijay Septhupati shocks everyone with Seethakaathi
- 2.0 has been edited thrice- Shankar
- Akshay Kumar questioned by Punjab SIT over a 2015 police firing case
- Rakul’s role revealed in her upcoming Tamil biggie