If the latest buzz is to be believed, Tamil film industry too might call for a theatre strike from March 1 to protest against the exorbitant rates being charged by Digital Service Providers. The decision is expected to be announced soon, and it was reportedly Vishal who chaired a meeting to discuss this proposal after Telugu film producers asked Tamil, Kannada, and Malayalam producers for support.
Already, Telugu film chamber of commerce and an ad-hoc committee of producers had issued an ultimatum to the DSPs to agree to their demands, and if not, then, no new films will be allowed to release from March 1 onwards in AP and Telangana.
Although, the discussions have been going on for a while now, so far, no decision has been taken. Now, it remains to be seen if the new releases are stalled or if the two parties find a solution soon.
Articles that might interest you:
- Is Prabhas interested in politics?
- Bunny buys a ‘Beast’
- Popular character artiste’s son all set for acting debut
- Is this the big twist in Prabhas’s role in Saaho?
- Rajini’s Darbar fetches a solid amount in overseas
- Jayam Ravi, Taapsee team up for a spy thriller