If the ongoing reports in the Bollywood tabloids are anything to go by, passionate director Krish, who is fresh from the grand success of Gautamiputra Satakarni, is all set to direct an epic biopic based on the life and legacy of the warrior queen of Jhansi, Rani Laxmibai. The film is reportedly titled Manikarnika, Laxmibai’s birth name.
The reports further reveal that national award winning actress Kangana Ranaut will be donning the titular role in this magnum opus. Apparently, Krish replaced veteran director Ketan Mehta in the last minute.
Krish will be shooting for the film’s first look on March 23rd. This epic historical drama is being penned by Baahubali’s writer V Vijayendra Prasad.
- Legendary diva’s daughter’s Tollywood debut with RRR?
- Magician’s accusation on Vijay’s Mersal team turns controversial
- Healthy gap between Sankranthi releases to benefit all parties
- Sye Raa’s team races against time to complete Nayanthara’s scenes
- AR Rahman makes amateur Telugu female singer an internet sensation