A couple of weeks ago, director Krish launched his new Bollywood film, an ambitious historical biopic based on the heroic legacy of the Queen of Jhansi Rani Laxmibai titled Manikarnika. Bollywood actress Kangana Ranaut will be essaying the lead role in the movie.
But looks the movie has landed in a legal tangle even before it went on floors. Senior Bollywood director Ketan Mehta has reportedly sent a legal notice to Kangana, alleging that the actress has ‘hijacked’ Rani Lakshmibai’s biopic from him.
Ketan, who was supposed to direct Kangana in this prestigious magnum opus initially, further alleged that he was terminated from the job of directing the film when Kangana wanted to co-write and co-direct the film after he researched and worked on the script for more than two years.
Ketan also released a press statement in which he said, “Kangana being privy to all the documents and research material along with the script shared with her, has knowingly committed the act of trying to hijack the project in collusion with Producer Kamal Jain & others.”
- Trisha’s dream comes true: Joins Rajini’s next
- Poonam Pandey to donate her remuneration to Kerala CM relief fund
- Naga Chaitanya confirms rumours about Sailaja Reddy Alludu’s release
- Sunny Leone to come up with the second season of her biopic
- Mahesh unveils Big Boss Anthem from Sudheer’s Nannu Dochukunduvate