Telugu films have been always known for their entertainment and commercial format. But in the last few years, things have changed as content-based films are being made on a good note.
When it comes to content-based films, female-oriented scripts are one of the most popular. But if you see, in the last few years, the female-centric films have also decreased in a big way.
That is because of the shortage of the heroines and their star power, especially in Telugu cinema. In Tamil, Nayanthara is the go-to person and she also brings back revenue when she does female-centric films. But that is not the case here.
In Telugu, Anushka and Samantha have reduced doing more films, and the other heroines like Rashmika, Pooja Hegde, and Keerthy Suresh are not that popular to bring back good revenue for the makers.
So, one of the producers in the industry says that they are getting a lot of gripping female-centric films but due to the lack of star faces, it is risky to take up these films and make a profit at the same time.
Articles that might interest you:
- OTT: Skymed to stream from this date in India
- Blockbuster Eega completes a decade
- These two film celebrities get nominated for Rajya Sabha
- Viral – Kajal’s post-pregnancy glow is super cute
- Chay Akkineni turns emotional- Says Thank You to these three
- Tamil actress dubs in Telugu for the first time – Deets inside