It’s been reported recently that Bollywood actress Vidya Balan’s Tumhari Sulu will be remade in Tamil with Jyothika. Radha Mohan of Gaganam and Gouravam fame will direct this remake and Dhananjyan will bankroll it.
As per the latest reports, Lakshmi Manchu has been roped in to reprise Neha Dhupia’s role from the original. She will play an FM Channel’s head in the movie. In her latest interview with an English daily, Lakshmi said that she was the first choice for Jyothika and her actor husband Suriya, who felt that she is naturally sweet and commanding, not just authoritative.
Lakshmi had made her Kollywood debut with Mani Ratnam’s Kadal. The actress will start shooting for Tumhari Sulu’s remake from May.
- 2.0 has been edited thrice- Shankar
- Akshay Kumar questioned by Punjab SIT over a 2015 police firing case
- Rakul’s role revealed in her upcoming Tamil biggie
- Subrahmanyapuram’s intriguing trailer raises expectations
- Poll : What did you think of Subramanyapuram’s trailer?