It’s been reported recently that Bollywood actress Vidya Balan’s Tumhari Sulu will be remade in Tamil with Jyothika. Radha Mohan of Gaganam and Gouravam fame will direct this remake and Dhananjyan will bankroll it.
As per the latest reports, Lakshmi Manchu has been roped in to reprise Neha Dhupia’s role from the original. She will play an FM Channel’s head in the movie. In her latest interview with an English daily, Lakshmi said that she was the first choice for Jyothika and her actor husband Suriya, who felt that she is naturally sweet and commanding, not just authoritative.
Lakshmi had made her Kollywood debut with Mani Ratnam’s Kadal. The actress will start shooting for Tumhari Sulu’s remake from May.
Articles that might interest you:
- Chiranjeevi’s role revealed in Koratala’s next?
- Sai Dharam does a good deed on birthday!
- Sundeep Kishan’s next gets a November release
- Pratiroju Pandage’s first glimpse is colorful and lively
- Star hero fulfills his word, gives chance to her again
- Mahesh or Bunny-Who will move out of Sankranthi race?