A prominent TV channel has come under fire when one of its news anchors used derogatory language while referring to actresses in the industry. The incident occurred when Posani Krishna Murali appeared in a news debate. Soon after the show was aired, several members from the film fraternity approached the police officials to lodge a complaint about the news anchor and also the TV channel.
While the news segment has triggered a debate about the role of media, Lakshmi Manchu has lashed out at the channel saying, “NO ONE can use such words generalising & labelling women, no matter what. Targeting actresses, will be least tolerated by our fraternity. I condemn this & won’t let this go easy. #GetALife than gaining publicity by speaking derogatorily towards the women of the industry.”
In the past, Lakshmi had been quite vocal about several issues in the industry, and this time, she has taken a very strong stand about the tone in which the news channel addressed women in film industry.
Articles that might interest you:
- Cute -Ram Charan shakes a leg with his niece
- A bio-secure bubble at Rana-Miheeka’s wedding
- Harish Shankar again chooses this powerful backdrop for Pawan’s film
- Nani to team up with this director for the second time?
- AR Rahman quotes staggering remuneration for Prabhas-Deepika film?
- Tollywood in COVID-19 times: Heroes & Producers still in no mood to shoot