After being postponed several times, Lakshmi Manchu’s latest Hollywood film, a romantic musical comedy titled Basmati Blues, is finally gearing up for its release on February 9. The film stars Oscar-winning stars like Brie Larson and Donald Sutherland.
Basmati Blues showcases a young scientist named Linda’s (Brie Larson) journey to a village in Kerala to sell the GMO rice created by her. During her stint, Linda falls in love with a young farmer named Rajit (Utkarsh Ambudkar). Lakshmi Manchu plays a village woman named Sita. The film is directed by Dan Baron and produced by Monique Soros and Jeffrey Dorchen.
Articles that might interest you:
- Popular actor opts out of Mani Ratnam’s Ponniyin Selvan
- Mahesh vs Bunny Sankranthi clash- Fight getting serious
- Prabhas’s actor friends to fly London for special bash
- Hilarious title for Dil Raju-Krish’s maiden production
- Poll : In which of these genres should Mahesh and Rajamouli collaborate?
- Dil Raju to release noted comedian’s film