After being postponed several times, Lakshmi Manchu’s latest Hollywood film, a romantic musical comedy titled Basmati Blues, is finally gearing up for its release on February 9. The film stars Oscar-winning stars like Brie Larson and Donald Sutherland.
Basmati Blues showcases a young scientist named Linda’s (Brie Larson) journey to a village in Kerala to sell the GMO rice created by her. During her stint, Linda falls in love with a young farmer named Rajit (Utkarsh Ambudkar). Lakshmi Manchu plays a village woman named Sita. The film is directed by Dan Baron and produced by Monique Soros and Jeffrey Dorchen.
Articles that might interest you:
- Alia Bhatt in talks for two more pan-India projects?
- This talented actor to foray into the web world?
- Tollywood producers waiting for that one big move
- Koratala Siva urges COVID-19 infected people to be more civilized
- Tamil superstar decides to take a pay cut for his next
- Naveen Chandra becomes the talk of the town in Tollywood