Lakshmi Rai, who had scorched the screens in Kanchana and Adhinayakudu, has done a completely deglamorous role in a Tamil film titled Vana Yuddham. The film is said to be a biopic on Sandalwood smuggler Veerappan, who was shot dead by a special task force in 2004. Lakshmi Rai is playing the role of a jorunalist named Vijayata Vashisht. Although Lakshmi Rai had concentrated on glamorous roles so far, she seems to be opting for quite a few performance oriented roles these days. Buzz is that she’s doing a serious role in Vikram’s Thandavam and in Vana Yuddham, she’ll be playing yet another critical role which was earlier offered to Divya Spandana and Nikitha.
AMR Ramesh has directed this film and it stars Kishore, who played villain’s role in Bunny and Kabbadi coach in Bheemli Kabaddi Coach, as Veerappan and Vijayalakshmi as Veerappan’s wife Muthulakshmi. Arjun is playing the role of DGP K Vijayakumar, who headed the task force which encountered Veerappan. The film’s shooting has already been completed and it was shot in forests near the Tamil Nadu, Karnataka border.
- Two star heroines in consideration for Vijay-Atlee film?
- Chota K Naidu responds to controversy over kissing Kajal
- Yet another young star joins Bharatheeyudu 2?
- Young actress reveals her wish to act with Pawan Kalyan
- Kiara Advani joins Arjun Reddy’s Hindi remake unit