Lavanya Tripathi is eagerly awaiting the release of her upcoming Tamil film Bramman. The film will mark her foray in Tamil cinema and she’s playing the lead role opposite Sasikumar. Socrates, a former associate of Kamal Haasan, has directed the film and it also stars Naveen Chandra and Santhanam in important roles.
The film is said to be a thorough entertainer and Sasikumar has gone for a makeover with this film. In fact, unlike most of his earlier films which were raw and hard hitting, some songs from Bramman were shot abroad and Lavanya is reportedly quite happy with the way the film has come out. She hit the limelight in Telugu with ‘Andhala Rakshasi’. Despite the film’s commercial failure at the box-office, she got a good name for her performance and now, she’s pinning a lot of hopes on her debut film in Tamil.
Devi Sri Prasad has scored the music and the film will hit the screens on February 21. Apart from this film, she has also signed another film opposite Gautham Karthik, in which she’s playing the role of a deaf girl.
- Advance bookings open for Aravinda Sametha
- Nannu Dochukunduvate’s latest collections
- Script work nearing completion for Sam’s prestigious project
- Poll : Which of these films are you excited to watch this weekend?
- Grand audio launch being planned for Chay’s next