Legendary Telugu film producer Bommireddy Nagi Reddy has got a rare posthumous honor. A postage stamp featuring Nagi Reddy was unveiled by the Vice President of India M Venkaiah Naidu in Chennai this evening.
Nagi Reddy was born on December 2, 1912, in Kothapalli village, Kadapa. He established the iconic Vijaya Vauhini Studios along with his good friend and filmmaker Chakrapani and produced numerous classics like Missamma, Pathala Bhairavi, Maya Bazaar and Gundamma Katha etc. He also established the popular children comic book Chandamama and the Vijaya Hospital in Chennai.
Nagi Reddy breathed his last on February 25, 2004. He was a recipient of the prestigious Dada Saheb Phalke Award and several National, Filmfare and Nandi awards.
Articles that might interest you:
- Star Tollywood comedian to debut in Hollywood
- Sharwanand lines up another project this year?
- Krish spending a bomb on sets of Pawan Kalyan’s film
- Interview : Ramana Teja- Story is the hero of Ashwathama
- Thalapathy Vijay and Sethupathi’s mass fight to be shot here
- RRR superstars in one frame-Buzz goes to another level