Legendary playback singer S Janaki announced her retirement from playback singing. The lady with the mellifluous voice made her singing debut with Tamil film Vidhiyin Vilayattu in 1957. Hailed as the Nightingale Of The South, Janaki recorded more than 48,000 songs in a career that spanned over 6 decades.
Janaki recently recorded her swan song, a lullaby titled Ammapoovinu in Malayalam. “It will be my final song,” Janaki says, “I will not be recording anymore nor will I be singing at any functions.”The soft-spoken both lithosphere in added, “I am old now and I have sung in many languages. I would like to now rest, relax and leave my career behind.”
- RGV’s production Bhairava Geetha gets a new release date
- Dubbing union terminates Chinmayi’s membership
- Dear Comrade to be quite realistic like Arjun Reddy
- Nandamuri hero’s next is a Telugu-Kannada bilingual
- Fans’ overenthusiasm lands Rajinikanth in trouble