Legendary playback singer S Janaki announced her retirement from playback singing. The lady with the mellifluous voice made her singing debut with Tamil film Vidhiyin Vilayattu in 1957. Hailed as the Nightingale Of The South, Janaki recorded more than 48,000 songs in a career that spanned over 6 decades.
Janaki recently recorded her swan song, a lullaby titled Ammapoovinu in Malayalam. “It will be my final song,” Janaki says, “I will not be recording anymore nor will I be singing at any functions.”The soft-spoken both lithosphere in added, “I am old now and I have sung in many languages. I would like to now rest, relax and leave my career behind.”
- Review : NTR Maha Nayakudu- Politically Driven Drama
- Review : Anjali CBI – Engaging to an extent
- Review : Mithai – Poorly-written comedy flick
- Telugu Review : Prementha Panichese Narayana
- Telugu Review : 4 Letters