The Narendra Modi-led BJP government’s decision to privatise the Vizag Steel Plant has kick-started a nationwide uproar. Apart from the opposition leaders, activists, steel plant employees and trade bodies, several celebrities too have been voicing against the centre’s decision that may put the lives of several thousands of employees at risk.
Giving a major boost to the fight, stalwart actor and former union minister Chiranjeevi took to Twitter and extended his support to the fight for Visakha Steel Plant. “Visakha Steel Plant is a symbol of numerous sacrifices. Let’s raise above parties and regions. With a Steely resolve, Let’s save Visakha Steel Plant,” Chiru tweeted.
Chiru also recollected how scores of people sacrificed their lives in a fight to convince the centre to setup the Vizag Steel Plant, which they call the ‘Pride of Andhra’.
Visakha Steel Plant is a symbol of numerous sacrifices.Let's raise above parties and regions.
With a Steely resolve,
Let's save Visakha Steel plant! pic.twitter.com/jfY7UXYvim
— Chiranjeevi Konidela (@KChiruTweets) March 10, 2021
Articles that might interest you:
- Pawan Kalyan recovering; Urges people to be more cautious about COVID
- Aditi Rao Hydari stuns everyone with her Netflix film
- Interesting buzz on Akhil Akkineni’s next project
- Praveen Sattaru reveals major details about Nagarjuna’s next
- Top OTT platform acquires Balayya’s Akhanda
- Bigg Boss Sohel signs noted producer’s next