It is well known that Akkineni Nagarjuna will team up with veteran director K Raghavendra Rao for a devotional film tentatively titled Om Namo Venkatesaya. In the film, Nag will be seen playing the role of Hathiram Baba, a loyal disciple of Lord Venkateswara. The film is a 17th century period drama and thus finding the right locations for filming is a key.
Latest reports reveal that the film’s core team is busy scouting for locations in Karnataka and Kerala. Apparently, the unit has zeroed in on a few locations in Chikmagalur forests in Karnataka. The Chikmagalur forest area is a cooler place compared to other locations down south and this did the trick for the film’s unit.
The reports further say that the unit will be erecting a giant set that resembles 17th century Tirupati. Senior actor Suman is expected to play Lord Venkateswara in this film.
- Dark comedy ‘Mithai’ seals its release date
- Simran signs another biggie?
- The incident that inspired Shankar to make Bharatheeyudu
- Poll : Will Akhil make a comeback with Mr. Majnu?
- Interesting update on Balayya-Boyapti film