It is well known that Akkineni Nagarjuna will team up with veteran director K Raghavendra Rao for a devotional film tentatively titled Om Namo Venkatesaya. In the film, Nag will be seen playing the role of Hathiram Baba, a loyal disciple of Lord Venkateswara. The film is a 17th century period drama and thus finding the right locations for filming is a key.
Latest reports reveal that the film’s core team is busy scouting for locations in Karnataka and Kerala. Apparently, the unit has zeroed in on a few locations in Chikmagalur forests in Karnataka. The Chikmagalur forest area is a cooler place compared to other locations down south and this did the trick for the film’s unit.
The reports further say that the unit will be erecting a giant set that resembles 17th century Tirupati. Senior actor Suman is expected to play Lord Venkateswara in this film.
Articles that might interest you:
- There is only one Megastar in India: Chiranjeevi
- Will Nani join hands with his director again?
- Aug 23 madness: 10 films to clash at box-office
- Will he, won’t he? Uncertainty on Rajinikanth’s next continues
- Neil reveals why everyone calls Prabhas a ‘Darling’
- Surprise guest at Chiru’s b’day celebrations