The several months long lockdown followed by the delay in the governments’ decision on reopening of movie theaters has now resulted in the permanant closure of 5 single-screen theaters in Hyderabad. Galaxy (Tolichowki), Sri Rama (Bahadurpura), Sri Mayuri (RTC X Roads), Amba (Mehdipatnam) and Santhi (Narayanaguda) have been shutdown permanently and turned into either godowns and other business spots.
Even as moviegoers are deeply upset with these age-old theaters being shut, there are many more single-screens that are on the verge of closure across the twin Telugu states. Already, the exhibition industry has been facing numerous challenges due to various issues like the strong competition from multiplexes, OTT platforms, the rampant piracy and the not so favorable measures from the respective state governments. Will the golden days ever return for the single-screens in future?
Articles that might interest you:
- Rajamouli, film fraternity to pay last respects to V Doraswamy Raju tomorrow
- Noted Hindi directors to do a film with Akhil?
- Security beefed up for Saif Ali Khan
- Revealed- Budget of Vijay-Puri’s LIGER
- Prabhas’ Adipurush all set for a grand launch
- Sonu Sood eyeing Sankranthi hit for a remake?