The several months long lockdown followed by the delay in the governments’ decision on reopening of movie theaters has now resulted in the permanant closure of 5 single-screen theaters in Hyderabad. Galaxy (Tolichowki), Sri Rama (Bahadurpura), Sri Mayuri (RTC X Roads), Amba (Mehdipatnam) and Santhi (Narayanaguda) have been shutdown permanently and turned into either godowns and other business spots.
Even as moviegoers are deeply upset with these age-old theaters being shut, there are many more single-screens that are on the verge of closure across the twin Telugu states. Already, the exhibition industry has been facing numerous challenges due to various issues like the strong competition from multiplexes, OTT platforms, the rampant piracy and the not so favorable measures from the respective state governments. Will the golden days ever return for the single-screens in future?
Articles that might interest you:
- Poll : Which of these Telugu OTT biggies impressed you the most?
- Samantha offers special prayers at Tirupati and Srikalahasti
- Sai Tej taken off ventilator finally; To remain in hospital
- Sai Tej’s Republic completes censor; Release date announced
- Adigaa Adigaa from Akhanda is simple and delightful
- Ram Charan and team Maestro shoot for Bigg Boss 5