A doyen of the Telugu Film Industry is no more. Mallemala Sundara Rami Reddy or Mallemala, as he was popularly known, passed away today morning.He was 87. M.S.Reddy was a stalwart of the film industry and was instrumental in shifting the Telugu Film Industry from Chennai to Hyderabad.
Born in 1924, M.S.Reddy was an accomplished poet and lyricist. His simple and easy to understand style earned him the title ‘Sahaja Kavi’. He has over 5000 poems to his credit. He has produced some of the most path breaking films in the Telugu Industry, including ‘Ramayanam’, which was made entirely with child artistes. NTR Jr. made his acting debut with that movie.
He established Shabdalaya Studios and M.S. Arts and has produced 25 films. We are deeply saddened at his demise. We have lost our founder and our guiding force.
123telugu.com expresses its condolence to Shri Shyam Prasad Reddy garu and family.
- Rajinikanth to launch his political party soon
- Mammootty going all out to play YSR
- Akanksha Singh pins all her hopes on Deva Das
- Mani Ratnam reveals why he made a multi-starrer
- Pooja Hegde wraps up shooting for Aravindha Sametha