The movie artistes association in a bid to encourage local talent is considering a rule that will limit the number of non- state actors in a movie to a maximum of two. If this were to come into force many a producer / director will face a casting dilemma. In a typical telugu film a villain and most definitely a heroine in are non-locals. If MAA rule comes into play, then making a movie like Brindavanam or kick will be a huge problem. In these movie both the heroines were non- Telugus as were the villains or character actors. In some cases even a solo heroine movie could run into a problem as in many films more than one villain is a non-local. This only highlights the endemic problem in the industry, which is there is a dearth of heroines and villains. So while MAA’s initiative is welcome it’s implementation will definitely cause problems. It remains to be seen how producers overcome this challenge.
- Two interesting projects go on floors today
- Mahanati’s 6-week AP, TS collections
- Star father and sons to build a 100 crore hotel
- Vijay arrives as Sarkar, makes fans super happy
- Chiru’s son in law gearing up for another film?