The movie artistes association in a bid to encourage local talent is considering a rule that will limit the number of non- state actors in a movie to a maximum of two. If this were to come into force many a producer / director will face a casting dilemma. In a typical telugu film a villain and most definitely a heroine in are non-locals. If MAA rule comes into play, then making a movie like Brindavanam or kick will be a huge problem. In these movie both the heroines were non- Telugus as were the villains or character actors. In some cases even a solo heroine movie could run into a problem as in many films more than one villain is a non-local. This only highlights the endemic problem in the industry, which is there is a dearth of heroines and villains. So while MAA’s initiative is welcome it’s implementation will definitely cause problems. It remains to be seen how producers overcome this challenge.
Articles that might interest you:
- RRR- Rajamouli to keep mum on the release date?
- Poll : What’s your take on the teaser of Ashok Galla’s Hero?
- Mahesh Babu launches teaser of Ashok Galla’s ‘HERO’
- Varsha Bollamma from Stand Up Rahul looks cool
- Nani makes special plans to wrap up Shyam Singha Roy
- Jeevitha to contest for MAA president’s post?