Just days after he opted out of a historical drama, also starring Saif Ali Khan, Madhavan has lost out on yet another big project in Hindi. The actor was reportedly in talks to play a villain in Rohit Shetty, Ranveer Singh starrer Simmba, the Hindi remake of ‘Temper’, however, the latest reports suggest that he is likely to be replaced with Abhishek Bachchan.
Few weeks ago, Rohit Shetty had approached Madhavan to play the negative role in this film, and the actor too was said to be quite keen to be part of the film since he was a huge fan of Rohit Shetty. Unfortunately, Madhavan isn’t fully fit yet after he underwent a surgery for his shoulder injury. And he politely turned down the offer before proceeding any further.
Confirming that he won’t be part of the project, Madhavan said, “I am a huge crazy fan of Rohit Shetty and his films. As is my son. It breaks both our hearts that I’m not able to be a part of this film because of my injury. I’m well on my way to recovery but this is a huge opportunity and excitement lost.”
- Sai Pallavi-Sharwa’s Padi Padi Leche Manasu nears completion
- Sunny Leone turns down offer to be part of Game Of Thrones
- Sundeep Kishan bags a key role in Raj-Dk’s next
- Star hero’s son donates debut film’s remuneration for Kerala flood relief
- Star director urges people to enroll to vote