In a major relief to actress Trisha, the Madras High Court has dismissed a case filed against the actress by the Income Tax department. It all began when Trisha disclosed that for 2011-12, he income was Rs 89.69 lakhs; however, the following year, she mentioned that she earned close to Rs 4.4 crores.
Noticing this major discrepancy in her income, the IT department sent her a notice and also levied a penalty of Rs 1.16 crores. However, the Madras High Court noted that it wasn’t Trisha’s fault since majority of the income came in the form of advances for future projects.
In its judgement, the court said, “The assessee is not guilty of deliberate concealment of income and is not liable to be mulcted with a penalty under the Income Tax Act.” And later, the case was dismissed by the court, much to Trisha’s delight.
- After AAA, Ileana returns to Bollywood
- 2.0 to have a free run with less competition
- Poll: Which of these upcoming December releases are you looking forward to?
- Tanish confident of Rangu’s success
- Former heroine’s Tollywood comeback after 8 years