In a major relief to actress Trisha, the Madras High Court has dismissed a case filed against the actress by the Income Tax department. It all began when Trisha disclosed that for 2011-12, he income was Rs 89.69 lakhs; however, the following year, she mentioned that she earned close to Rs 4.4 crores.
Noticing this major discrepancy in her income, the IT department sent her a notice and also levied a penalty of Rs 1.16 crores. However, the Madras High Court noted that it wasn’t Trisha’s fault since majority of the income came in the form of advances for future projects.
In its judgement, the court said, “The assessee is not guilty of deliberate concealment of income and is not liable to be mulcted with a penalty under the Income Tax Act.” And later, the case was dismissed by the court, much to Trisha’s delight.
- NTR’s unseen engagement snap goes viral
- Yesteryear star heroine to join Congress soon
- Suryakantham trailer- Funny and Heartful
- Samantha bonds well with her mother-in-law
- Top-notch Indian technician joins Avengers team
- Bollywood actress is a rage even before her first film