Mahanati, the acclaimed biopic on legendary yesteryear heroine Savithri, is continuing its dream run at the box-offices in the twin Telugu states and overseas. In the US in particular, this Nag Ashwin directorial has been enthralling movie connoisseurs and Savitri’s admirers.
Until the latest trade updates on Friday, Mahanati collected $59K and cruised past the coveted $2 million milestone, taking its overall total to $2.01M. The film is expected to enter the $2.5 million club comfortably by the end of its threatrical run.
Mahanati now stands at the 11th spot in the list of all-time highest grossing Telugu movies in the US and looks to finish 6th in the list by overtaking A..Aa ($2.45M).
- Dear Comrade to be quite realistic like Arjun Reddy
- Nandamuri hero’s next is a Telugu-Kannada bilingual
- Fans’ overenthusiasm lands Rajinikanth in trouble
- Taxiwaala’s US premiere collections
- Dil Raju launches Nandita Sweta’s Akshara