Released last year, Mahanati, the biopic on legendary yesteryear heroine Savithri, went on to receive critical acclaim and box-office success. Since then, this Keerthy Suresh-starrer has been winning several accolades both in India and abroad. And here’s the latest honor for this landmark film.
Mahanati has been selected for the prestigious 22nd Shanghai International Film Festival (SIFF) to be held in Shanghai, China, from the 15th to 24th of June. Mahanati is the only Indian film to be selected for the SIFF under the International Panorama section and is gearing up for its Mainland China Premiere at the festival.
Mahanati also featured Dulquer Salmaan, Samantha Akkineni, Vijay Deverakonda and Rajendra Prasad in important roles. Directed by Nag Ashwin, the film was produced on Vyjayanthi Movies and Swapna Cinema banners.
Articles that might interest you:
- Actress Vanitha reveals the truth behind her troubled third marriage
- After Radhe Shyam, yet another Tollywood film to head to Italy
- Aamir Khan’s son Junaid rejected in debut film’s audition
- These two release dates in consideration for Prabhas Radhe Shyam?
- Aditi’s loss is Raashi’s gain
- Former heroine ends divorce rumours on wedding anniversary