Released last year, Mahanati, the biopic on legendary yesteryear heroine Savithri, went on to receive critical acclaim and box-office success. Since then, this Keerthy Suresh-starrer has been winning several accolades both in India and abroad. And here’s the latest honor for this landmark film.
Mahanati has been selected for the prestigious 22nd Shanghai International Film Festival (SIFF) to be held in Shanghai, China, from the 15th to 24th of June. Mahanati is the only Indian film to be selected for the SIFF under the International Panorama section and is gearing up for its Mainland China Premiere at the festival.
Mahanati also featured Dulquer Salmaan, Samantha Akkineni, Vijay Deverakonda and Rajendra Prasad in important roles. Directed by Nag Ashwin, the film was produced on Vyjayanthi Movies and Swapna Cinema banners.
Articles that might interest you:
- Allu Arjun wants to enter Bollywood with these kind of movies
- Young Bollywood director hospitalized in critical condition
- Vijay & VJS’ bare-chested rage in Master’s poster storms the internet
- Allu Arjun tweets a special picture of Geetha Arts this Republic Day
- Jaanu’s Oohale brings back Kaathale Kaathale memories
- Payal Rajput reveals her most favorite among her heroes