Ali’s upcoming film ‘Alibaba Okkade Donga’ is the 50th film in his career, where he’ll be seen as a lead actor. Incidentally, he has completed 20 years as a lead actor in Telugu cinema and in the past three decades, he has acted in more than 1000 films.
SV Krishna Reddy’s Yamaleela, which released in 1994, was the first film in which he played the lead role and he revealed some very interesting details, to the media, about his debut as an actor. “Initially, S V Krishna Reddy approached Krishna to narrate the story of Yamaleela and they were eager to cast Mahesh Babu in the lead role. The film was originally titled as Yamaspeedu. Krishna garu liked the story, but he asked SV Krishna Reddy to wait for another three years, if he wanted to cast Mahesh Babu as a hero. Then, one fine day, SV Krishna Reddy and Acchi Reddy called me and made me sign an agreement. Later, they told me that I’ll be playing the lead role in the film, which they titled as Yamaleela,” Ali revealed.
These days, Ali is busy acting in films and also hosting Tv shows. Alibaba Okkade Donga has been directed by Vamsi and it’s gearing up for release on February 21.
- In front of Nag, Nani makes a promise to Bigg Boss finalists
- Saina Nehwal’s biopic goes on floors
- I had vowed to never use my father’s name in my career: Dulquer Salmaan
- Dhruv was skeptical and nervous about Arjun Reddy remake: Vikram
- Nagarjuna opens up about nepotism in film industry