Superstar Mahesh Babu’s most eagerly awaited political thriller, Bharat Ane Nenu, is going to hit the screens on April 20. The film is extra special for the Superstar and his fans, as Mahesh plays Chief Minister’s role for the first time in his career.
But will Mahesh consider joining politics in real life? The actor, in his latest interview with a leading English daily, replied with a firm ‘No’. “Politics is not an option for me. I just want to tell good stories. Entertain the audience as well as give a social message as and when I can,” Mahesh said.
However, Mahesh believes that movies can bring about a change in society. “I think it’s all about the content. Entertainment or infotainment, if you give the audience the content the way you want them to watch it, it’s going to help bring about awareness or change. I don’t believe that I can change everything or eradicate anything with a film or two, but I want to give a perspective. That is what we have tried to do with Bharat Ane Nenu,” Mahesh added.
- Taxiwaala will set a new benchmark for comedy: Vijay Deverakonda
- Kalyan Ram and Tarak wish their sister on political entry
- Keerthy Suresh ready to go de-glam on-screen
- Respect our hardwork: Taxiwaala makers
- Vijay Deverakonda is confident of Kabir Singh’s success