The Telugu film industry paid rich tributes to veteran actress-filmmaker Vijaya Nirmala on her first birth anniversary yesterday. A life-sized statue of Vijaya Nirmala was unveiled by her husband Superstar Krishna, stepson Mahesh Babu and several others at a special event.
Speaking at the event, Mahesh became very emotional as he recollected Vijaya Nirmala’s memories. “Vijaya Nirmala garu was a great person. Whenever my movies hit screens, my father calls me after watching the first day first show. After dad, Vijaya Nirmala garu used to talk to me and congratulate me. When my father called me during Sarileru Neekevvaru’s release, after talking to him, I was hoping to hear from Vijaya Nirmala garu, but I realized a few moments later that she is no more. I hope she is happy wherever she is,” Mahesh said.
Articles that might interest you:
- John Abraham’s Satyameva Jayate 2 postponed; Gets a new release date
- Maha Samudram to kick-start in this picturesque location
- Sumanth surprises all with a major makeover
- Mahesh gives a new lease of life to a little girl
- Anushka wishes Kajal with a beautiful quote
- 7 movies gearing up to enthrall movie lovers this November