The Telugu film industry paid rich tributes to veteran actress-filmmaker Vijaya Nirmala on her first birth anniversary yesterday. A life-sized statue of Vijaya Nirmala was unveiled by her husband Superstar Krishna, stepson Mahesh Babu and several others at a special event.
Speaking at the event, Mahesh became very emotional as he recollected Vijaya Nirmala’s memories. “Vijaya Nirmala garu was a great person. Whenever my movies hit screens, my father calls me after watching the first day first show. After dad, Vijaya Nirmala garu used to talk to me and congratulate me. When my father called me during Sarileru Neekevvaru’s release, after talking to him, I was hoping to hear from Vijaya Nirmala garu, but I realized a few moments later that she is no more. I hope she is happy wherever she is,” Mahesh said.
Articles that might interest you:
- Team Liger’s special cake for Mike Tyson
- Big Boss 5: Time to eliminate a male contestant
- Interview : Deva Katta – Tej’s work will shock you in Republic
- Rashmika’s intense look from Pushpa to be out tomorrow
- Team Liger celebrate Puri’s birthday in Goa
- Poll : Which of these combinations of Puri Jagannadh is your favourite?