Mahi V Raghav is busy these days with the pre-production of his upcoming film Yatra, a biopic on late CM YS Rajasekhar Reddy. The director has roped in acclaimed Malayalam actor Mammooty to play the lead role, and the shoot is expected to begin in June.
Meanwhile, rumours were abuzz that Bhumika Chawla has come onboard the project to play the role of Sharmila, daughter of YSR; however, Mahi has now clarified that she isn’t part of the film unlike what the rumours suggest. Apparently, he is still in the process of casting for key characters in the film including that of YS Jagan, Sharmila, and YS Vijayamma.
The film will focus on YSR’s Padayatra in the runup to the 2004 elections in which he emerged victorious against all odds. More details about this biopic are awaited.
- 2.0’s producer, director donate huge for cyclone victims
- Arjun Reddy’s Bollywood remake wraps up first schedule
- Temper’s Tamil version’s first look lands in controversy
- Rajinikanth donates big for Cyclone Gaja victims
- Interesting buzz on Samantha’s character in Majili