Actor-filmmaker Adivi Sesh’s upcoming pan-India biopic, Major, based on the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks martyr Sandeep Unnikrishnan’s life, is carrying a decent buzz in trade circles. With Mahesh Babu backing the project as one of the producers and Sony Pictures India joining as a production partner, the film is getting decent offers from various parties.
According to the latest updates, Major’s Hindi version’s satellite rights have been sold for a cool Rs 10 crore. The film was supposed to hit screens today (July 2nd) initially, but the COVID second wave had delayed the release plans. The makers will be announcing the release date soon.
Sobhita Dhulipala and Saiee Manjrekar are the female leads in Major. Sashi Kiran Tikka is directing the movie and Sony Pictures India, Mahesh Babu’s GMB Entertainments and AplusS Movies banners are jointly bankrolling it.
Articles that might interest you:
- Here’s the tentative new list of Bigg Boss contestants
- Happening crowd star to act in Pushpa 2?
- Sai Pallavi’s Tamil comeback with a female-centric film?
- Raj and DK to associate with Sundeep Kishan soon?
- Timmarusu and Ishq banking heavily on Festival weekend
- Akshara Gowda roped in for Ram’s next