Tamil star Thalapathy Vijay’s Master was supposed to hit screens on April 9 as a Tamil New Year treat. However, the film’s release was postponed due to the lockdown. Even now, there’s no clarity on the release date.
During the lockdown, when theaters were shut across the country, there were several speculations about Master skipping its theatrical release and opting for a direct OTT release. However, the makers had rubbished the news and assured fans that the film will surely hit screens at an appropriate time.
But the latest buzz in Kollywood circles is the Master’s makers have finally initiated talks with a popular OTT platform for a direct digital release. The OTT giant is said to have offered a whopping amount to acquire Master’s exclusive rights.
Apparently, Master’s makers have given their word to the exhibitors and distributors for the film’s Pongal release. But if the uncertainty around the theatrical releases and audiences’ patronage continues, they will opt for a direct OTT premiere.
But Master’s makers have given a fresh clarification regarding the ongoing rumors. They said that they have already sold the film’s digital rights to Amazon Prime Video, but the OTT release will happen only after the film’s theatrical release.
Articles that might interest you:
- Sekhar Kammula to work with Naga Chaitanya again
- Two political parties offered me Rajya Sabha seat: Sonu Sood
- Star choreographer collaborates with Chiranjeevi and Charan
- Interview : Shekhar Kammula – Love Story will have repeat audience
- Bigg Boss winner on board for Prabhas’s Salaar
- Aakashavaani locks OTT partner and release date