After the award-winning biopic, Mallesham, NRI filmmaker Raj Rachakonda has joined hands with acclaimed Bollywood director Anurag Kashyap to present a Malayalam film, Paka – The River of Blood. The film is directed by Nithin Lukose, who was the sound designer for Mallesham.
Paka is a tale of a river that swells with the blood of two feuding families and a young couple that tries to overcome this hatred with their love. The film, set in Wayanad of North Kerala, features an ensemble cast including, Basil Paulose, Vinitha Koshy, Jose Kizhakkan, Athul John, Nithin George and Joseph Manickal.
Paka won the best Work In Progress project in the Work-in-Progress Lab of NFDC Film Bazaar 2020 and is produced by Studio 99 Films in association with Alif Talkies Productions. The film has been selected for its world premiere at the 46th edition of the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF), held from September 9-18 2021.
Articles that might interest you:
- Review : Nene Vasthunna – Half baked psychological thriller
- Latest: Saakini Daakini seals its OTT release date
- Juicy update on Prabhas’ Adipurush
- Bigg Boss Hindi – Salman talks about the 1000 crore deal
- Dasara’s first song to be out on Dussehra
- Chiranjeevi consoles Krishna and Mahesh Babu in person