After the award-winning biopic, Mallesham, NRI filmmaker Raj Rachakonda has joined hands with acclaimed Bollywood director Anurag Kashyap to present a Malayalam film, Paka – The River of Blood. The film is directed by Nithin Lukose, who was the sound designer for Mallesham.
Paka is a tale of a river that swells with the blood of two feuding families and a young couple that tries to overcome this hatred with their love. The film, set in Wayanad of North Kerala, features an ensemble cast including, Basil Paulose, Vinitha Koshy, Jose Kizhakkan, Athul John, Nithin George and Joseph Manickal.
Paka won the best Work In Progress project in the Work-in-Progress Lab of NFDC Film Bazaar 2020 and is produced by Studio 99 Films in association with Alif Talkies Productions. The film has been selected for its world premiere at the 46th edition of the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF), held from September 9-18 2021.
Articles that might interest you:
- Review : Maestro – Crime drama with a twist
- Venky and Varun’s F3 resumes shoot in Hyderabad
- Rana’s ‘Blitz of Daniel Shekar’ from Bheemla Nayak gets a date
- Akhanda’s first single to be out tomorrow
- Bheemla Nayak: Daniel Sekhar glimpse announcement on the way
- Super Star’s fans in serious trouble after sacrificing a goat