Legendary director Mani Ratnam, who is fresh from the release of Cheliyaa, is facing a strange ordeal these days. According to the latest reports, a lightman named Manimaran, who had worked on Mani Ratnam’s Guru a decade ago, is threatening to commit suicide in front of Mani Ratnam’s residence.
Manimaran reportedly suffered from a blood related disease during the making of the Abhishek Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai-starrer. Manimaran alleged that neither Mani Ratnam’s production house nor the lightmen’s association had offered him financial assistance towards his medical expenses and treatment.
Manimaran even fought a case against the lightmen’s association and the court has given a ruling in his favor, asking the association to pay Rs.2 lakh to Manimaran, who now alleges that the association’s Secretary is demanding Rs.20,000 bribe to sanction the money. Fed up, Manimaran threatened to commit suicide in front of Mani Ratnam’s residence.
Articles that might interest you:
- Interesting story setup for Prathiroju Pandage
- Thaman confident of scoring a hat-trick with AA19
- Don’t compare Baahubali with Saaho-Sujeeth
- Megastar Chiranjeevi impressed with young musician
- For now, Harish Shankar clears all doubts
- Sad-This actress has no films in her career