Legendary director Mani Ratnam, who is fresh from the release of Cheliyaa, is facing a strange ordeal these days. According to the latest reports, a lightman named Manimaran, who had worked on Mani Ratnam’s Guru a decade ago, is threatening to commit suicide in front of Mani Ratnam’s residence.
Manimaran reportedly suffered from a blood related disease during the making of the Abhishek Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai-starrer. Manimaran alleged that neither Mani Ratnam’s production house nor the lightmen’s association had offered him financial assistance towards his medical expenses and treatment.
Manimaran even fought a case against the lightmen’s association and the court has given a ruling in his favor, asking the association to pay Rs.2 lakh to Manimaran, who now alleges that the association’s Secretary is demanding Rs.20,000 bribe to sanction the money. Fed up, Manimaran threatened to commit suicide in front of Mani Ratnam’s residence.
Articles that might interest you:
- Poll : Who among these should direct a Hindi film soon?
- Upset RGV to make a film on Arnab Goswami
- Lockdown Review : Lootcase – Hindi film on Disney Hotstar
- Nivin Pauly’s Moothon wins big awards
- Trivikram highlighting this aspect for NTR’s next
- Sushanth’s death case- Bihar’s top cop quarantined