ANR, Nagarjuna, Naga Chaitanya starrer Manam is one of the most awaited films of the year. Directed by Vikram Kumar, it was the last film ANR garu had acted in before he passed away earlier this month. Shriya Saran and Samantha have also played lead roles in this family drama. The latest news is that the film is all set to hit the screens on March 31.
For the first time since ANR garu’s demise, Nagarjuna spoke about how much his father meant to him and his dedication towards cinema inspired him till the very end. Last year, while he was shooting for Manam, ANR garu was diagnosed with cancer after he collapsed on the sets. “He fought the disease as long as he could. Fifteen days after surgery he was at home in bed when he said, ‘Bring all the dubbing equipment and do my dubbing for Manam before I get worse, or you will get a mimicry artiste to do my dubbing,” Nagarjuna recalled.
Except for a song, ANR garu had completed the rest of the shooting, including dubbing for his portions. “I want his last film Manam to be a befitting send-off to a man who was much more than just a father to me,” Nagarjuna said.
Articles that might interest you:
- Elections 2019- Jayaprada loses badly
- Teja refuses to budge on Sita title controversy
- Respite for Balakrishna-Wins his seat
- Sumalatha wins with a thumping majority
- Live Updates : Andhra Pradesh Assembly and Lok Sabha Election Results (teluguin.com)
- Shocking-Pawan Kalyan loses in Bheemavarm and Gajuwaka