Mani Rathnam’s upcoming film Kadali is all set to release on February 1. The film stars newcomers Gautham Karthik and Thulasi Nair in lead roles and Arvind Swami, Lakshmi Manchu and Arjun will be seen in important roles. The film’s music, composed by A R Rahman, has already become a huge hit in Tamil Nadu and the Telugu version of one of the songs was recently unveiled. This is the first time Mani Rathnam has set one of his stories in rural Tamil Nadu in almost 10 years and all eyes are on the newcomers Gautham and Thulasi. The film is said to be a love story set in a fishing village and rumour has it that Mani Rathnam is also exploring the sensitive issue of Indian fishermen being tormented as they enter into Sri Lankan waters by mistake. Rajeev Menon is the cinematographer.
Articles that might interest you:
- Tollywood’s pride, Arundhati completes 13 glorious years
- Akhanda becomes the highest grosser in Balakrishna’s career
- Ashok Galla watches Hero movie with audiences
- Sai Dharam Tej looks dapper in the latest pic
- Bhama Kalapam’s intense first glimpse is out now
- Lata Mangeshkar’s health worsens – Still remains in ICU