Mani Ratnam is one of the few filmmakers in the country who is on the wishlist of almost every other actor in the film industry. So, when Aditi Rao Hydari got a call from him to be part of ‘Cheliya’, she happily agreed to be part of the film. Directed by Mani Ratnam, the film has Karthi in the lead role and he’ll be seen as a pilot.
Since Mani Ratnam was shooting the film in Tamil, primarily, he apparently insisted that Aditi learn her dialogues in Tamil itself. Speaking to a leading newspaper, Aditi said, “He spent a lot of time training me on my Tamil accent and the intonation. By the time we started shooting, I felt I was part of his production group. The experience has shaken up something inside me in a good way.”
The actress is so impressed with the director that she went on record to say that she was on cloud nine every time he smiled at her from behind the camera after a shot. AR Rahman has composed the music of this romantic drama which is slated for release in Telugu and Tamil in April.
- Nithya Menen to play the title role in Jayalalithaa’s biopic
- U-Turn and Sailaja Reddy’s latest US Collections
- Sun Pictures to produce much-awaited superstar film
- Interview : Rashmika Mandanna – I am in no mood to speak about my breakup
- Big update: Rajini’s Petta joins Sankranthi race