Legendary auteur Mani Ratnam was honored with the Lifetime Achievement by the Bengaluru International Film Festival. Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah presented the award and Rs 10 lakh cash prize to the master filmmaker.
In a noble gesture, Mani Ratnam gave back the cash award to the Karnataka Chalanachitra Academy and requested the authorities to use the money to groom aspiring filmmakers in the state. Mani Ratnam had made his directorial debut with the 1983 Kannada film titled Pallavi Anu Pallavi.
Articles that might interest you:
- Top Bollywood filmmaker acquires Jersey’s remake rights
- Saaho fans getting restless about audio updates
- Popular child artiste Teja all set to turn hero
- Nandini Reddy reveals the secret of Samantha’s success
- Talented actress opens up about her choice of roles
- Transgender actress in Rajinikanth’s next