Legendary auteur Mani Ratnam was honored with the Lifetime Achievement by the Bengaluru International Film Festival. Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah presented the award and Rs 10 lakh cash prize to the master filmmaker.
In a noble gesture, Mani Ratnam gave back the cash award to the Karnataka Chalanachitra Academy and requested the authorities to use the money to groom aspiring filmmakers in the state. Mani Ratnam had made his directorial debut with the 1983 Kannada film titled Pallavi Anu Pallavi.
- Vijetha’s fun, emotional trailer impresses
- Is Mahadheera gearing up for an international release?
- AR Murugadoss plans a stylish intro song for Sarkar
- Rana to begin work on NTR biopic
- Poll : Do you think Chiru’s son in law will click in Tollywood?