Legendary auteur Mani Ratnam was honored with the Lifetime Achievement by the Bengaluru International Film Festival. Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah presented the award and Rs 10 lakh cash prize to the master filmmaker.
In a noble gesture, Mani Ratnam gave back the cash award to the Karnataka Chalanachitra Academy and requested the authorities to use the money to groom aspiring filmmakers in the state. Mani Ratnam had made his directorial debut with the 1983 Kannada film titled Pallavi Anu Pallavi.
- Legendary director appreciates Sudheer Babu
- Bharath Ane Nenu actress joins Arjun Reddy’s Bollywood remake
- Varma’s first look poster goes viral on social media
- Nithya Menen to play the title role in Jayalalithaa’s biopic
- U-Turn and Sailaja Reddy’s latest US Collections