Legendary auteur Mani Ratnam was honored with the Lifetime Achievement by the Bengaluru International Film Festival. Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah presented the award and Rs 10 lakh cash prize to the master filmmaker.
In a noble gesture, Mani Ratnam gave back the cash award to the Karnataka Chalanachitra Academy and requested the authorities to use the money to groom aspiring filmmakers in the state. Mani Ratnam had made his directorial debut with the 1983 Kannada film titled Pallavi Anu Pallavi.
Articles that might interest you:
- After Chiru152, Trisha signs another mega project
- Mahesh Babu’s dance feast with Sarileru Neekevvaru
- Poll : Which among these film promotions has impressed you the most?
- Star actor applies for Indian citizenship
- Raj Tarun banks on Uyyala Jampala sentiment for ILO
- My stories are born out of my anger: Balakrishna