Legendary auteur Mani Ratnam was honored with the Lifetime Achievement by the Bengaluru International Film Festival. Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah presented the award and Rs 10 lakh cash prize to the master filmmaker.
In a noble gesture, Mani Ratnam gave back the cash award to the Karnataka Chalanachitra Academy and requested the authorities to use the money to groom aspiring filmmakers in the state. Mani Ratnam had made his directorial debut with the 1983 Kannada film titled Pallavi Anu Pallavi.
- Sukumar to have a busy year with 4 projects
- Allu Arjun fulfills his wife’s wish this Sankranthi
- Venkatesh scores his 1st $1M with F2; Rajini his 4th $2M with Petta
- Anil Ravipudi becomes hot property in Tollywood
- Producers create 10,000 sq ft gym for superstar