Oscar-winning composer AR Rahman is making his debut as a script writer and producer with his upcoming musical romance drama, 99 Songs. The film, starring Ehan Bhatt and Edilsy in lead roles, the film is gearing up for release on April 16.
In a latest interview while promoting 99 Songs, Rahman revealed that it was the master auteur Mani Ratnam who inspired him to turn writer and producer. “Mani Ratnam
once said to me that making a movie is like how you make a song. You’ve the introduction, the theme of the song, the tune and then you do the BGM. Then comes the ‘antara’ and you’ve a journey that eventually comes to an end beautifully,” shared Rahman, who has also dedicated the film to Mani Ratnam and legendary yesteryear Tamil director K Balachander.
Rahman went on to say that his love for stories also pushed him to turn writer and filmmaker. “love stories, I love to study people and their lives; not just people from our Indian culture but from many other cultures as well,” said the genius composer. 99 Songs is having a simultaneous release in Hindi, Tamil and Telugu.
Articles that might interest you:
- Review : Maestro – Crime drama with a twist
- Solid advance bookings for Love Story
- Something exciting coming soon, Ram Charan tells fans
- Poll : What did you think of ‘Gully Rowdy’ Movie ?
- Poll : What did you think of ‘Maestro’ Movie?
- Bandla Ganesh’s film as hero gets a title