After the much needed success with OK Bangaram, master filmmaker Mani Ratnam is all set to commence his next. As per the reports, the legendary auteur will rope in Karthi to play the lead in his next. Interestingly, this is the second time that Mani Ratnam is directing one of his assistant directors. In the past, Siddharth, who assisted Mani Ratnam on Amrutha, acted in his mentor’s Yuva.
It is well known that Karthi started off his filmy career as an assistant director in Mani Ratnam’s Yuva, in which Karthi’s brother and Tamil star Suriya played one of the main leads. As per the reports, the yet to be titled Mani Ratnam-Karthi film is a Tamil-Malayalam bilingual and Mammootty will play the male lead in the Malayalam version.
As usual, Mani Ratnam’s longtime associate AR Rahman will compose the music. Keep watching this space for more details about this interesting project.
- I didn’t come here to kiss everyone: Paayal Rajput
- One more foreign schedule for Savyasachi?
- Allu Arjun turns down Tamil director’s film
- Vikram, Prabhas donate for Kerala flood victims
- Young beauty joins Bellamkonda Sai, Kajal film