It’s well-known that master filmmaker Mani Ratnam had planned to make a historical multi-starrer epic, Ponniyin Selvan, with Mahesh Babu and Tamil star Vijay a couple of years ago. However, the film didn’t take off due to reasons unknown.
Now, if the latest buzz in Kollywood circles is anything to go by, Mani Ratnam is keen on reviving Ponniyin Selvan after he’s done producing his AD Dhana’s film. Apparently, Chiyaan Vikram is being considered for the lead role. Whether Vijay and Mahesh Babu will be part of the project or not will be revealed once the film goes to the floors.
Articles that might interest you:
- Exclusive interview : Eesha Rebba- 2021 will change my career in a big way
- Star actor-filmmaker announces Chandramukhi sequel
- After Kamal, Rajini offers his property to be used as Corona isolation ward
- Acclaimed Telugu thriller to be remade in Kannada
- Megastar’s huge trust in young director
- Corona scare- Film budgets and remunerations to take a beating