It’s well-known that master filmmaker Mani Ratnam had planned to make a historical multi-starrer epic, Ponniyin Selvan, with Mahesh Babu and Tamil star Vijay a couple of years ago. However, the film didn’t take off due to reasons unknown.
Now, if the latest buzz in Kollywood circles is anything to go by, Mani Ratnam is keen on reviving Ponniyin Selvan after he’s done producing his AD Dhana’s film. Apparently, Chiyaan Vikram is being considered for the lead role. Whether Vijay and Mahesh Babu will be part of the project or not will be revealed once the film goes to the floors.
Articles that might interest you:
- Female lead of Pawan’s comeback locked?
- Poll : Which aspect of NTR do you like the most?
- This actor to be the highlight of Ala Vaikunthapuramlo
- Tanya reveals interesting details about Disco Raja
- After Vijay and Mahesh, Kajal and Rakul top Twitter trends
- Chiru-Balayya’s friendly chitchat at producer’s b’day party