Maverick filmmaker Mani Ratnam’s epic period drama, Ponniyin Selvan, went on floors in Thailand in December second week. As per the latest updates, Mani has wrapped up the ambitious first schedule that featured an ensemble cast comprising pan-India actors.
Ponniyin Selvan is based on the legendary Tamil Nadu novelist Kalki’s Ponniyin Selvan. The film has Vikram, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Karthi, Jayam Ravi, Trisha, Jayaram, Mohan Babu, Adhi, Vikram Prabhu and several others in key roles. AR Rahman is composing the music and noted cinematographer Ravivarman will crank the camera. The film’s first part will hit screens in 2020.
Articles that might interest you:
- Ravi Teja’s first glimpse from Khiladi gets a launch date
- Hero Nikhil is now a proud owner of a classy Range Rover
- Massive update from RRR tomorrow?
- Trade talk: Tremendous craze for Pushpa and Sarkaru Vaari Paata
- Bollywood star father-son duo’s film gets a title
- First look of Sai Dharam Tej-Deva Katta’s film to be unveiled soon