Maverick filmmaker Mani Ratnam’s epic period drama, Ponniyin Selvan, went on floors in Thailand in December second week. As per the latest updates, Mani has wrapped up the ambitious first schedule that featured an ensemble cast comprising pan-India actors.
Ponniyin Selvan is based on the legendary Tamil Nadu novelist Kalki’s Ponniyin Selvan. The film has Vikram, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Karthi, Jayam Ravi, Trisha, Jayaram, Mohan Babu, Adhi, Vikram Prabhu and several others in key roles. AR Rahman is composing the music and noted cinematographer Ravivarman will crank the camera. The film’s first part will hit screens in 2020.
Articles that might interest you:
- Friendship Day memory: Nani poses with Baahubali and RRR stars
- Striking first look of Ashwin Babu and Nandita Swetha’s Hidimba unveiled
- Double delight for NTR fans
- Toofan girl Mrunal Thakur’s Tollywood debut with Dulquer’s 2nd Telugu film
- School built by Sukumar in his father’s memory to be inaugurated today
- Thimmarasu and Ishq lock digital streaming partners