After being in the news for several months, acclaimed filmmaker Mani Ratnam’s epic period drama, Ponniyin Selvan, finally went on floors in Thailand yesterday. The film will be made in two parts and it will have a simultaneous release in Telugu and Hindi, apart from Tamil.
Ponniyin Selvan features a pan-Indian cast, comprising Vikram, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Karthi, Jayam Ravi, Trisha, Keerthy Suresh, Jayaram, Mohan Babu, Adhi, Vikram Prabhu and several others in crucial roles. AR Rahman will be composing the soundtrack and ace cinematographer Ravivarman will crank the camera. The film’s first part will hit screens in 2020.
Articles that might interest you:
- Sarileru Neekevvaru’s 1st week AP, TG share: A Non-Baahubali 2 record
- Poll : Which aspect of Ala Vaikunthapuramlo did you like the most?
- Bandla Ganesh’s track in Sarileru to be replaced?
- Ala Vaikunthapurramuloo enters $2M club; First for Allu Arjun
- Popular actress’ key role in Allu Arjun-Sukumar’s film?
- Rashmika’s manager clarifies on IT raids