Master auteur Mani Ratnam’s Ponniyin Selvan is one of the most eagerly awaited magnum opuses which has been affected by the COVID second wave. The film’s planned Madhya Pradesh schedule was cancelled earlier this summer and the makers had decided to shoot in Chennai instead.
Now, it looks like even the Chennai schedule has been postponed. Apparently, the next schedule, which was supposed to commence from May, has now been delayed by a month and if the situation improves, the shooting will resume in June.
Vikram, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Trisha, Karthi, Jayam Ravi and several other prominent pan-India stars are part of this epic historical. Mani’s Madras Talkies and Lyca Productions banners are jointly bankrolling this massive 2-part project. The film is expected to release for Pongal next year.
Articles that might interest you:
- Review : Panchathantram – Caters to niche audience
- Mahesh shows his swag in the latest pic
- Buzz: Santosh Shoban’s new film to clash with Sankranthi biggies
- Avatar director once again takes a dig at Marvel’s character
- H Vinoth raises the expectations of Ajith fans
- Rashmika Mandanna – I haven’t been banned from the Kannada industry