Legendary Kollywood director Mani Ratnam is currently busy with his most ambitious project till date, Ponniyin Selvan. The film’s shooting has come to a standstill following the outbreak of Coronavirus’ second wave. A major schedule that was planned in Madhya Pradesh has been cancelled due to the spike in COVID cases across the state.
Meanwhile, one of the film’s lead actors, Karthi, revealed in a recent events while promoting Sulthan that Ponniyin Selvan is being planned for the big Pongal festive season in January next year. Karthi also revealed that 70 percent of the shooting has been wrapped up so far.
The film’s next schedules will take place in Chennai and Hyderabad. Vikram, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Jayam Ravi and others play crucial roles in this epic historical period drama. AR Rahman is composing the soundtrack.
Articles that might interest you:
- Review : Maestro – Crime drama with a twist
- Solid advance bookings for Love Story
- Something exciting coming soon, Ram Charan tells fans
- Poll : What did you think of ‘Gully Rowdy’ Movie ?
- Poll : What did you think of ‘Maestro’ Movie?
- Bandla Ganesh’s film as hero gets a title