Legendary Kollywood director Mani Ratnam is currently busy with his most ambitious project till date, Ponniyin Selvan. The film’s shooting has come to a standstill following the outbreak of Coronavirus’ second wave. A major schedule that was planned in Madhya Pradesh has been cancelled due to the spike in COVID cases across the state.
Meanwhile, one of the film’s lead actors, Karthi, revealed in a recent events while promoting Sulthan that Ponniyin Selvan is being planned for the big Pongal festive season in January next year. Karthi also revealed that 70 percent of the shooting has been wrapped up so far.
The film’s next schedules will take place in Chennai and Hyderabad. Vikram, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Jayam Ravi and others play crucial roles in this epic historical period drama. AR Rahman is composing the soundtrack.
Articles that might interest you:
- RGV’s next film to get a massive release
- I love Pawan Kalyan, that’s why I criticized him: Prakash Raj
- Star Bollywood heroine in NTR-Koratala Siva film?
- Gunasekhar to resume Shaakuntalam’s shoot after false COVID diagnosis
- Vijay’s young look goes viral from his upcoming film
- Dil Raju pressurises Allu Arjun to take a final call?