Legendary director Mani Ratnam’s ambitious historical magnum opus, Ponniyin Selvan, is all set to go on floors from this year end. This epic visual extravaganza features prominent stars like Amitabh Bachchan, Vikram, Aishwarya Rai, Vijay Sethupathi, Jayam Ravi, Anushka and Keerthi Suresh in key roles.
Now, an interesting buzz reveals that Mani Ratnam is planning to make Ponniyin Selvan as a two-part movie franchise, a la Baahubali. However, unlike Baahubali, Ponniyin Selvan will be hitting theaters in the same year ie 2021 but with a gap of a few months.
Ponniyin Selvan will be jointly produced under Madras Talkies and Reliance Entertainment banners. AR Rahman will compose the soundtrack.
Articles that might interest you:
- Box-office records are temporary: Allu Arjun on AVPL’s success
- Sarileru Neekevvaru’s massive 16-day today AP, TG share
- Payal Rajput’s career in a risky situation?
- Sarileru Neekevvaru’s latest updated US collections
- Thank you, bawa: Allu Arjun thanks NTR
- Dhanush’s Local Boy gears up for a big release