Renowned Tamil filmmaker Mani Ratnam’s epic historical magnum opus, Ponniyin Selvan, went on floors last year in Thailand and wrapped up the first schedule in January. The film’s shooting formalities have been stalled temporarily due to the lockdown.
Now, the latest update reveals that Mani is planning to resume Ponniyin Selvan’s shoot from January, after the Pongal festive season. Apparently, the team will be shooting in Pollachi and Mysore first and later head to Sri Lanka for the next major schedule.
Ponniyin Selvan is based on Kalki’s epic novel of the same title. The film features an ensemble cast comprising pan-India actors like Vikram, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Karthi, Jayam Ravi, Trisha, Jayaram, Aadhi, Vikram Prabhu, Aishwarya Lekshmi and several others in key roles.
Articles that might interest you:
- Surender Reddy bets big on this young girl for Akhil’s film
- Young beauty’s sizzling special song in Sharwa, Sid’s Maha Samudram?
- Varun Dhawan’s car meets with a minor accident ahead of his wedding
- Lakshmi Manchu opens up on her role in Pitta Kathalu
- Varun Dhawan to move into his expensive apartment post-wedding
- Pradeep Machiraju reveals the moment he decided to become a hero