Ace Tamil filmmaker Mani Ratnam’s epic historical drama, Ponniyin Selvan, went on floors in Thailand in December last year and wrapped up the first schedule in January this year. Since then the film has been put on hold temporarily due to COVID-19.
Now, the latest buzz in Kollywood circles is that Mani is planning to resume Ponniyin Selvan’s shoot from September last week. Apparently, the maverick director and his team will be shooting in Sri Lanka, where the COVID-19 cases are far less than in India.
Ponniyin Selvan is based on a novel penned by Kalki and the film showcases the Chola Empire regime. The film features an ensemble cast comprising pan-India actor like Vikram, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Karthi, Jayam Ravi, Trisha, Jayaram, Mohan Babu, Adhi, Vikram Prabhu and several others in key roles.
Articles that might interest you:
- Charan’s shoot for Acharya only happening because of Rajamouli
- Rhea blames these major people in Sushanth’s death
- Latest update on SP Balasubramanyam’s funeral
- SPB’s death is a dark day for Indian cinema-Chiranjeevi
- SPB Departs: Devastated Tollywood mourns its beloved son’s loss
- Anushka Sharma slams senior cricketer for his cheap comments