We are all aware that Maniratnam was on the lookout for a heroine opposite Gautam, the son of yesteryear hero Karthik. Mani has a special relationship with Karthik having worked with him in movies like ‘Gharshana’, ‘Mounaraagam’ etc. The music for the movie will be composed by the Chennai Mozart A R Rahman and the songs are supposed to be chart busters in the making. But the director has a problem in the sense that he has not yet found a heroine.
In his search, someone close to him recommended Samantha and Mani apparently saw a few promos sent by the actress. This included clips from her latest blockbuster hit Dookudu. Mani apparently did not find anything interesting and said a polite but firm “No.” A shell-shocked Samantha is yet to recover from this rejection. The actress would have loved to cap this successful year with a Mani Ratnam project, but as the old saying goes – all good things come to those who wait.
- Mr. Majnu trailer – Youthful and vibrant
- Naga Shaurya to team up with Avasarala Srinivas again?
- Poll : Which aspect of NTR Kathanayakudu did you like the most?
- F2, VVR & NTR Kathanayakudu’s latest Krishna collections
- Srikanth Addala’s next gets an interesting title