Hero Nagarjuna’s upcoming action thriller, Wild Dog, is slated for release on April 2. The film is directed by debutant Ahishor Solomon, who had earlier worked as a script writer for big budget movies such as Maharshi and Oopiri.
During his speech last night, Wild Dog’s producer Niranjan Reddy revealed that Nagarjuna is introducing 40th debut director in his 35-year-old career. Including his ongoing action thriller with Kajal and excluding his cameo appearances, Nagarjuna has acted in about 95 movies in his career so far.
Working with 40 first-time directors out of 95 movies is no mean feat. Perhaps no other Indian film star might have trusted a debut director like Nag did. Ram Gopal Varma’s iconic debut film in 1989, Shiva, is a result of Nag’s firm belief in a newcomer.
Articles that might interest you:
- Rajinikanth wishes AR Rahman on 99 Songs’ release
- Pawan Kalyan tests positive for COVID-19; Undergoes treatment
- Pawan and Trivikram to revive their production plans?
- Uppena combination to materialize again?
- Star Tamil comedian Vivek suffers cardiac arrest; Critical
- Mahesh and Team SVP to race against time