Mayabazaar, starring NTR, ANR, Savitri, SV Ranga Rao among many other stalwarts, has been voted as the greatest film of all time in a poll conducted by CNN-IBN. The poll was a part of Indian Cinema’s 100th anniversary and Mayabazaar was one among the 100 top films from several film industries across the country. By the time, the poll was closed, the film garnered 16,960 votes which was 23.91% of the total votes cast in the poll. Surprisingly, Mayabazaar managed to beat other popular Hindi films like Sholay, Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge among many other films. Nagarjuna, Amala starrer Shiva was the other Telugu film which managed to find a place among the top 10 places and it was dominated by Malayalam films like Manichitrathazhu and Oru Vadakkan Veeragatha which were voted as second and third greatest Indian film of all time.
- Venky-Varun’s F2 all set for a grand launch
- Will this buzz on Mahesh Babu’s film turn out to be true?
- Sammohanam brought me closer to Mahesh: Sudheer Babu
- Indraganti flooded with lucrative offers
- People’s Star’s Annadatha Sukhibhava to release again